The bell tower of the Vydubychi Monastery was built at the expense of Hetman of Ukraine Danylo Apostol in 1727-1733. The building was square in plan and had three tiers, in particular, there were bells on the top.
In 1829-1833, work was carried out to strengthen the foundations, and according to the project of the architect Andriy Melensky, the fourth octagonal tier was built in the style of classicism.
The peculiarity of the building is that all its facades have different decoration. The plasticity of the facades of the lower part of the bell tower is characteristic of Ukrainian architecture of the beginning of the 18th century. The modern coloring of the bath with gold stars on a blue background appeared after the renovation in 1894.

Church of St. Daniel
The Church in the Name of the Holy Prophet Daniel is located on the second tier of the bell tower. It was built in honor of the heavenly patron of the Hetman of Ukraine Danylo Apostol, the patron of the monastery.
Confession: Orthodox Church of Ukraine.
Address: 40 Vydubytska Street.









