Church of the Conception of Anna is an integral part of the ensemble of buildings of the Far Caves of the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra.
From the middle of the 11th century, a wooden church stood on this site; some researchers consider it the first above-ground temple of the monastery. In 1679, a new church was built with donations from Kyiv resident Alexander Novitsky. Its lower part was made of stone, the upper part was made of wood. An entrance to the caves was dug from the church. Due to numerous landslides, the temple was often repaired, the walls were strengthened. However, at the beginning of the 19th century, deep cracks formed in the walls, and then it was decided to build a new church. On December 9, 1811, Metropolitan Serapion (Alexandrovsky) of Kyiv consecrated the new temple.
Church of the Conception of Anna is single-tiered, brick, whitewashed, rectangular at the base measuring 29.8 x 8.7 meters, with a semicircular apse in the east. It is crowned with a hipped roof on an octagonal pedestal with a gilded dome and a cross. The architectural design and artistic decoration of the church have a cultural and historical value.
Address: 15 Lavrska street.











































