Monument to Teofil Yanovsky

Monument to Teofil Yanovsky

Teofil Yanovsky (1860-1928) was a physician, one of the founders of the Kyiv therapeutic school, the founder of the system of anti-tuberculosis sanatoriums and the Institute of Pulmonology and Phthisiology. He is the author of 62 works on infectious diseases, tuberculosis, diseases of the lungs, kidneys, gastrointestinal tract, circulatory pathology, etc., including a number of monographs.

In 1928, the Kyiv Tuberculosis Institute (now the National Institute of Phthisiology and Pulmonology) was named after the scientist. In 1992, a monument to Teofil Yanovsky was erected on its territory.

Yanovsky is depicted in a calm pose, his head tilted thoughtfully to his right shoulder, his right foot is put forward, and his hands rest tiredly in his lap. His features are carefully reproduced: a noble face with a short beard, thick hair.

Authors: sculptor O. Skoblikov, architect M. Kyslyy.

Address: 10 Mykoly Amosova Street.

Monument to Teofil Yanovsky

Monument to Teofil Yanovsky

Monument to Teofil Yanovsky

Monument to Teofil Yanovsky

Monument to Teofil Yanovsky

Monument to Teofil Yanovsky

Follow us on Facebook X Instagram